Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Please Support our March for Babies!

At the 2013 March for Babies
Coming up soon, we will be taking part of our second March for Babies as part of team Belt Kids. After the fun we had last year, I'm really excited to participate and I'm especially excited that Emily will be able to "march" with me!

Belt Kids was founded by my friend Julie, who is a superstar mom, but completely relatable and down to earth. She has three kids and two were born very early, but all are happy and healthy now. Hearing her talk about not being able to hold her first two babies right away,  the emotional aspects of watching her babies struggle, and the challenges her babies faced is heart-breaking. While Julie and her family are lucky to have grown and thrived together, not all preemies are so lucky. On our shirts last year, we had angel wings for another baby who did not make it. I met his mom at a picnic in Chicago last summer and she was so sweet. She had tears in her eyes as she thanked me for helping raise money and walk in support of babies like hers. It was a truly humbling experience.

I'm proud to contribute to such a worthwhile cause and am thankful for my friends and family who have supported me in this endeavor. If you'd like to make a tax-deductible donation, here is a link to our page: http://marchforbabies.org/tiffemily.

If you cannot contribute, but would like to get involved, you can sign up for a walk in your area. A list of walks across the country is on their website.

After the walk, I'll post an update and a couple photos. Thank you all for your support!


No comments:

Post a Comment