Friday, May 6, 2011

Get Happy

Welcome to my blog – now let’s get happy!

I recently left a position as a contract attorney and started a job with a volunteer clearinghouse. It’s been quite an adjustment, but it feels good to be working in a field directly related to one of my passions: volunteering. After all, there are few things in life that make us happier than giving back to our neighbors and communities.

Each day I read tons of articles, status updates, tweets, and emails about best practices for volunteers, leaders, and volunteer managers. As a volunteer, I feel fortunate to have all of this information coming at me and aspire to continue my involvement in the community though my professional role has changed. All of that is the reason for this blog – I have so much to share and I want to share it with you!

So, a few times a week, I’m going to pass along new information. I’m also going to blog about my experiences as a volunteer. Hopefully it will inspire some of you to get involved and get happy!

Thanks for reading J

No comments:

Post a Comment