Thursday, November 24, 2011

Expressing Thanks on Thanksgiving

For Thanksgiving, I'd like to share some things I'm especially thankful for this year. It's not a complete list and it's not necessarily in order, but it's a start!

1. My husband, Mike. He's patient, loving, and kind. He's the type of man you hope your son grows up to be. How fortunate for his parents, who are also very loving and kind in-laws.

2. My family and friends. Both near and far, and including Lucky, I have people who love me and who are loved by me. 

3. My job. I have a job that doesn't work me to death and has introduced me to a lot of wonderful people. In particular, I'm thankful for my experience with 100 Homes. It's not the sort of project you get to do at most jobs and it's something I'll never forget. 

4. My "free time." I can use my time for anything I want and there are people, organizations, or businesses who support all of it. I'm thankful for the nice ladies at fibre space who taught me how to knit. I'm thankful for the variety of craft stores nearby so that I can buy art supplies for whatever project I'm interested in for a particular month (most recently, jewelry making). And I'm thankful for people who leave me alone at stores so I can just wander around getting ideas for Christmas presents *all year* long. All of these things are a tiny bit superficial, but I haven't always had free time that I could use any way I wanted, so I try to embrace it.

5. Arlington County. I really like it here. I'm a leader, a volunteer, a resident, and an employee. My commute is great. I love my neighborhood and the trails and parks across the County that are well-maintained and welcoming. I love the non-profits in Arlington that are so appreciative, organized, and conscientious. I even like how it shuts down when it snows!

Finally, I'm appreciative of everyone who reads my blog, especially when you leave a comment or send an email after I've posted something that was meaningful to you. 

Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. What a nice post Tiffany, I am thankful for your friendship and for your service.

    ReplyDelete